Sunday 12 May 2013

Tripod shopping!

So yesterday I was in Curry's searching for tripods for my new camera Nikon D5100. I am getting the Nikon next weekend at my dad's house, it should have arrived from delivery by then. Anyway there was very little variety but I really needed to get one before my camera arrives so I can use it straight away.

I came across the Cam Link TP2-100 which was £19.99 in Curry's. Which reached a height of 163cm, within seconds I searched on Amazon the same tripod for comparison of price and it was £24 so I thought in my head 'Oooooo, I can get it cheaper now than online'.
However as I have said before my grandad is a enthusiastic photographer so of course I text him asking his opinion on it. He rang me up within about 4 minutes and 30 seconds stating that he could find a better tripod at a cheaper price with better ratings than the one in curry's.
He mentioned the Hama Star 62 and said it had much better ratings and it was slightly cheaper. I came to a decision and said I could wait a little bit and order the Hammer Star tripod online and so I did. It should arrive soon.
It was £18 off of amazon and it comes with a free carry case which is great! Here is the link if you are interested! http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hama-Star-Tripod-Carry-Case/dp/B0000WXD16

No comments:

Post a Comment